Throughout history, change and uncertainty have always been part of life. It’s impossible to predict what the future holds for you or your family, but there are ways you can prepare for it. The process of obtaining a second passport through Citizenship by Investment programs (CBI) is one of the more popular means by which high-net-worth investors can secure a prosperous and safe life for themselves and their families.
Owning a second passport, especially a Vanuatu passport, can provide you with the option of travelling around the globe and expanding your career or business easily on the global market. Vanuatu’s Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program has quickly become one of the more popular routes to legally obtain a second passport. Citizens of Vanuatu can benefit from many opportunities, including freedom of movement when travelling and a favourable tax system. Vanuatu citizenship also provides a safety net that can protect you, your assets, and your family in the event of an emergency.
A tropical island nation in the South Pacific Ocean, Vanuatu is located between Australia and Fiji. One of the happiest countries in the world, Vanuatu is also one of the most culturally diverse with over 1,000 languages spoken by a population of only 250,000 people, as well as a strong tradition of ancient dance and art that reflect the island’s considerable history.
An individual with a Vanuatu passport is free to travel around key economic hubs. With unlimited access to the United Kingdom and the European Union (EU), entrepreneurs have both business and investment opportunities that may not otherwise be available. With a Vanuatu passport, you can also travel visa-free or with a visa on arrival to over 125 countries and territories around the world, including popular travel destinations like the United Kingdom and the Schengen Area.
The Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment program makes acquiring second citizenship a very simple process. The program is known for being the fastest path to obtaining a second passport in the world, with investors getting their new citizenship status in as little as 45 days to 6 months at the most. Aside from that, the application process itself is straightforward, making it easy to apply.
How Do You Become A Citizen Of Vanuatu?
The internet is full of scams that promise citizenship within an implausible period of time and for a low price. Make sure to consult an accredited and reputable advisor such as Carte Blanche, when acquiring second citizenship in Vanuatu. As a well-respected and government-approved duly licensed firm, Carte Blanche helps high-net-worth individuals and their families acquire citizenship through investments.
Applicants will have to complete several straightforward steps in the application process before they will be granted citizenship:
- To be eligible to apply to the program, candidates must be at least 18 years old, in good health, have no criminal record, and provide evidence of their financial resources. You may apply as an individual or as a family of up to four members.
- As soon as the candidate finds an approved Citizenship-by-Investment agent such as Carte Blanche, the agent will perform a pre-screening for government approval on your passport copy. Typically, a response is received in 24 to 48 hours, after which a down payment is required to open the application.
- Carte Blanche will then assist and advise the candidate on gathering the necessary documents required by the government of Vanuatu. As soon as the agent receives all the documents, the application will be submitted to the citizenship office upon payment.
- There will then be due diligence checks conducted by the Screening Committee together with the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). Upon verification of the candidate’s lack of criminal record, the screening committee will submit the application to the Citizenship Commission for approval.
- The Citizenship Commission then provides a list of all successful applicants to the Prime Minister, who recommends to the President whether to grant full Vanuatu citizenship to the aforementioned applicants. Following completion of this process, the applicant’s biometric data is registered and an Oath of Allegiance Ceremony is conducted before the individual’s passport and certificate of naturalization are issued.
How Much Does It Cost To Become A Citizen Of Vanuatu?
Through the Development Support Program launched by the Vanuatuan government, individuals can receive citizenship in exchange for donations that support the country’s infrastructure and strengthen the country’s economic development.
A single applicant for the Development Support Program must donate USD150,000 (plus nominal fees). Following is a breakdown of the investment costs:
Single applicant – $ 130,000
Single applicant + 1 child or dependent – $ 150,000
Single Applicant + 2 children or dependents – $ 165,000
Married Couple – $ 150,000
Married Couple + 1 child or dependent – $ 165,000
Married Couple + 2 children or dependents – $ 180,000
Married Couple + 3 children or dependents – $195,000
Married Couple + 4 children or dependents – $210,000
Married Couple + 5 children or dependents – $225,000
Married Couple + 6 children or dependents – $240,000
Book A Consultation With Carte Blanche
If you would like to learn more about the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program or would like to apply for a Vanuatu passport, contact Carte Blanche today for a consultation and one of our expert agents will gladly assist you.